Who we are
CACR's chief asset is its knowledgeable and dedicated administration, staff, fellows, and students. CACR prides itself on the professional diversity of its staff, each with unique skills and experiences that contribute to our expertise. CACR staff is made up of people from all disciplines, including computer science, informatics, accounting and information systems, criminal justice, law, organizational behavior, and public policy.
The center’s leadership reflects this range of expertise:
- Director Von Welch has more than a decade of experience developing, deploying, and providing cybersecurity for private and public sector HPC and distributed computing systems.
- Administrative Director Leslee Bohland has more than two decades of experience in management and accounting.
- Program Director Craig Jackson's research interests include information security program development and governance, cybersecurity assessment design and conduct, legal and regulatory regimes' impact on information security and cyber resilience, evidence-based security, and innovative defenses.
- Chief Security Analyst Mark Krenz is focused on cybersecurity operations, research and education. He has more than two decades of experience in system and network administration and has spent the last decade focused on cybersecurity.
- Chief Security Analyst Susan Sons focuses on secure software engineering, ICS/SCADA security, operational security practice for research and development organizations, and security for legacy technologies in high-stakes applications. Susan serves as Information Security Officer for Open Science Grid and Deputy Director of the Research SOC.