Deputy Chief Information Security Officer
Who we are
CACR's chief asset is its knowledgeable and dedicated administration, staff, fellows, and students. CACR prides itself on the professional diversity of its staff, each with unique skills and experiences that contribute to our expertise. CACR staff is made up of people from all disciplines, including computer science, informatics, accounting and information systems, criminal justice, law, organizational behavior, and public policy.
The center’s leadership reflects this range of expertise:
- Executive Director Scott Shackleford's areas of expertise include cyber security and privacy, international law and relations, property, and sustainability. He has written more than 100 articles, book chapters, essays, and op-eds for diverse outlets and is also the author of Managing Cyber Attacks in International Law, Business, and Relations: In Search of Cyber Peace.
- Administrative Director Leslee Bohland has more than two decades of experience in management and accounting.
- Deputy Director Craig Jackson's research interests include information security program development and governance, cybersecurity assessment design and conduct, legal and regulatory regimes' impact on information security and cyber resilience, evidence-based security, and innovative defenses.
- Chief Security Analyst Mark Krenz is focused on cybersecurity operations, research and education. He has more than two decades of experience in system and network administration and has spent the last decade focused on cybersecurity.
- Senior Security Analyst Anurag Shankar provides leadership in regulatory compliance (HIPAA, FISMA, and DFATS) and cybersecurity risk management. He has over two decades of experience in providing research computing services and building HIPAA compliant solutions for biomedical researchers.
- Senior Project Manager Kelli Shute supports Trusted CI, ResearchSOC, and our election security engagement with the State of Indiana. Kelli has more than 15 years of experience leading project teams, primarily in the private sector.
- Chief Security Analyst Susan Sons focuses on secure software engineering, ICS/SCADA security, operational security practice for research and development organizations, and security for legacy technologies in high-stakes applications. Susan serves as Information Security Officer for Open Science Grid, Director of OmniSOC, and supports Trusted CI the National Science Foundation Cybersecurity Center of Excellence.