Twenty years of cybersecurity excellence
On February 23, 2023, CACR looked back at two decades of cybersecurity excellence and looked ahead at influential trends.
Opening keynote speaker was Rear Admiral Heidi Berg, director, Plans and Policy, J5, U.S. Cyber Command. Closing keynote speaker was Bruce Schneier, noted public-interest technologist and lecturer at the Harvard Kennedy School, talking about his new book, A Hacker’s Mind.
Other speakers at the event included:
- Fred Cate, IU vice president for research and founding director of CACR
- Von Welch, former executive director of CACR
- Amanda Craig Deckard, senior director of global cybersecurity policy, Microsoft Corp.
- Anita Nikolich, director of Research and Technology Innovation and research scientist, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
- Robert Templeman, SSTM, NAVSEA distinguished engineer for cybersecurity