IU's unique advantages
IU University Information Technology Services (UITS) supports IU’s vision of excellence in research by providing a set of technology, tools, and services that can help give proposals a competitive edge. UITS also provides personalized attention and facilitation in the form of consulting for grants, letters of support, cyberinfrastructure facilities statements, and data management plans.
Within the areas of cybersecurity and artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML) research, grant proposals may be made more notable and competitive by including reference to the unique research advantages offered by IU.
World-class support for cyberinfrastructure and services provided at no cost to researchers
UITS Research Technologies requires no startup allocations for faculty or researchers. Signature services include:
- Big Red 200, a Cray Shasta HP supercomputer for AI and cybersecurity research.
- Expert consulting that connects researchers with software, computing, tools, and other resources to advance their work.
- Visualization and data services that promote interactive models, virtual and augmented reality, advanced digital arts and media, as well as secure data analysis.
- Compute and storage resources that enable fast calculations, advanced simulations and massive secure storage.
- Research software that delivers applications for analytics and big data research and distributing statistical/numerical and open-source software.
- Research Desktop (RED), a graphical desktop service for users with accounts on research supercomputers. RED was developed to be particularly helpful to users who are unaccustomed to working in command-line.
SecureMyResearch, research cybersecurity self-service resources and one-on-one consulting
This consulting service helps IU researchers, faculty, and staff meet cybersecurity and compliance requirements for processing, storing, and sharing research data, including PHI.
An operational laboratory for cybersecurity and AI research
IU’s leadership of national-scale cybersecurity infrastructure and focus on enabling research provides a controlled, privacy-protected access for cybersecurity researchers to leading edge operational infrastructure and data in the OmniSOC and ResearchSOC.