World-class support for cyberinfrastructure and services provided at no cost to researchers
UITS Research Technologies requires no startup allocations for faculty or researchers. Signature services include:
- Big Red 200, a Cray Shasta HP supercomputer for AI and cybersecurity research.
- Expert consulting that connects researchers with software, computing, tools, and other resources to advance their work.
- Visualization and data services that promote interactive models, virtual and augmented reality, advanced digital arts and media, as well as secure data analysis.
- Compute and storage resources that enable fast calculations, advanced simulations and massive secure storage.
- Research software that delivers applications for analytics and big data research and distributing statistical/numerical and open-source software.
- Research Desktop (RED), a graphical desktop service for users with accounts on research supercomputers. RED was developed to be particularly helpful to users who are unaccustomed to working in command-line.
An Operational Laboratory for Cybersecurity and AI Research
IU’s leadership of national-scale cybersecurity infrastructure and focus on enabling research provides a controlled, privacy-protected access for cybersecurity researchers to leading edge operational infrastructure and data in the OmniSOC and ResearchSOC.
For more information, contact: Matt Link, Associate Vice President for Research Technologies, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Von Welch, Executive Director for Cybersecurity Innovation, email@example.com.