SecureMyResearch is a new service designed to accelerate research at IU by reducing the cybersecurity and compliance burden on IU researchers.
SecureMyResearch will enable them to concentrate on what they do best, namely world class research, not unwelcome distractions. SecureMyResearch will leverage the combined expertise of IU’s cybersecurity and compliance experts to weave data security and compliance into the institutional fabric, enhancing both regulated and unregulated data security with a new, workflow-based security framework developed by CACR.
1. A cookbook, a one-stop, self-service resource that provides pre-secured workflow recipes for common research technology use cases. The researcher will enter keywords related to what they want to accomplish and see a list of matching recipes. A simple click will provide step-by-step directions for a secure workflow, following which will ensure that data is secured end to end. Some of the recipes will be pre-approved by IU for data subject to regulatory compliance, for instance HIPAA.
2. One-on-one consulting, a single place (firstname.lastname@example.org) researchers can go to get help with cybersecurity and compliance questions such as:
- Can IU provide a solution that meets cybersecurity requirement X?
- Can you help me secure my existing workflows?
- What does this cybersecurity clause in my grant/contract/data use agreement mean?
- What does regulation X mean in my specific context?
- Can you review my data management plan/IRB application to make sure I’m secure?
- Can you help me document compliance?
3. Advocacy for the researcher. To communicate back to the institution researcher needs and ideas for improvements to policies and procedures that accelerate research.
The project will launch in Q1 of 2020.