SecureMyResearch is a new service designed to accelerate research at IU by reducing the cybersecurity and compliance burden on IU researchers.
SecureMyResearch will enable them to concentrate on what they do best, namely world class research, not unwelcome distractions. SecureMyResearch will allow you to concentrate on what you do best, namely world class research, shifting unnecessary security and compliance responsibilities away from you to the experts. The service will become fully available in Q1 2020.
SecureMyResearch is a joint initiative by Center for Applied Cybersecurity Research (CACR), the Information Security vertical in the Office of Vice President for Information Technology (OVPIT), and UITS Research Technologies.
SecureMyResearch will offer the following services to help you conduct your research securely, regardless of whether you are working with regulated or unregulated data.
1. A cookbook, a one-stop, self-service resource that provides recipes for common research use cases (e.g. share data with IU and external collaborators) that have security and compliance baked in. You will enter keywords related to what you want to accomplish and see a list of matching recipes. Clicking on the desired one will provide step-by-step directions that help you secure your data.2. One-on-one consulting, a single place you can go now to get help with any cybersecurity and/or compliance issues. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Advocacy, a vehicle to communicate your needs and frustrations. SecureMyResearch will take your feedback to the appropriate IU stakeholders.
Questions SecureMyResearch can help answer for you include:
- Can you help me design a secure workflow?
- Can IU support cybersecurity requirements in my grant, contract, or data use agreement?
- Can you help me translate this compliance regime into implementables?
- What does this cybersecurity clause in my grant, contract, or data use agreement mean?
- Are any new cybersecurity regulations coming down the pike that will impact me?
- Can you review my proposal to see if I am meeting cybersecurity requirements?
- Can you help me document compliance?