Security Matters CyberCamp
Are you entering high school in Fall of 2017, a current high school student, or a 2017 high school graduate interested in cybersecurity topics such as the following?
- Why web sites get hacked and how
- How "cyber" forensics is done
- How computer networks function, how they are secured, and why it matters
- What is ransomware and how to defend against it
- What a professional cybersecurity career looks like
If the answer is yes, this two-day cybercamp is for you. Led by experienced cybersecurity professionals from the Indiana University Center for Applied Cybersecurity Research (CACR), the camp will give you a taste of how hackers operate and how you can protect yourself and others from cybercriminals and other nefarious actors. It will also cover hot topics and current events in cybersecurity. There will be time for lots of fun, hands on work and for questions and answers and a tour of the half-submerged, F5-tornado proof IU Data Center.