CACR Security Speaker Series
The CACR Security Speaker Series brings cybersecurity experts from across the nation to present their current research and real-world experiences to IU faculty, staff, and students.
Prior to the date of each talk, details on upcoming speakers and room locations where presentations can be viewed will be sent via email.
Where: With some exceptions, talks are usually held at the Maurer School of Law 335 and live streamed to ICTC IT497 and Luddy Hall 3006. The live stream can also be viewed at go.iu.edu/CACR-speakers. All talks are held from 12pm-1pm ET.
Upcoming talks for 2019-2020:
- January 30, 2020: Bruce Schneier, Fellow and lecturer at Harvard's Kennedy School and public-interest technologist. Talk details >>
- Co-hosted with the Ostrom Workshop
- When: Thursday, Jan. 30, 1-2:30pm EST
- Where: Whittenberger Auditorium, IU Bloomington
This talk will be streamed at the following locations:
- IUPUI: ICTC IT 497
- Live stream: go.iu.edu/CACR-speakers
- February 13, 2020: Eva Galperin, Director of Cybersecurity, Electronic Frontier Foundation.
- March 5, 2020: Rachana Ananthakrishnan, Head of Products, Globus, University of Chicago. Co-hosted with CEWiT.
- April 2, 2020: Kristen Eichensehr, Assistant Professor at UCLA School of Law. Co-hosted with the Ostrom Workshop Data Management and Information Governance Program.
- April 16, 2020: Von Welch, IU Executive Director for Cybersecurity Innovation and Director, CACR.
This year's past talks:
- September 19, 2019: Andrew Korty, CISO Indiana University.
- October 10, 2019: Nik Guggenberger, executive director, Information Society Project at Yale Law School.
- November 7, 2019: Alan Mislove, professor and associate dean of undergraduate programs at the Khoury College of Computer Sciences.
- November 14, 2019: Bryan Sacks, CISO State of Indiana.