CACR Security Speaker Series
The CACR Security Speaker Series brings cybersecurity experts from across the nation to present their current research and real-world experiences to IU faculty, staff, and students.
Prior to the date of each talk, details on upcoming speakers and room locations where presentations can be viewed will be sent via email.
Where: Speaker Series talks are held at the Maurer School of Law, Room 335 and live streamed to IUPUI's Informatics & Communications Technology Complex (ICTC) as well as Luddy Hall, Room 3006. The live stream can also be viewed at go.iu.edu/CACR-speakers. All talks are held from 12pm-1pm ET.
Dates for this academic year's talks are:
- September 19, 2019: Andrew Korty, CISO Indiana University.
What: Swift & Reasonable Action: A Higher Ed CISO's Perspective
When: Thursday, September 19, noon-1pm ET. Beginning at 11:45am ET, lunch will be available for IU Bloomington and IUPUI attendees.
Where: Maurer School of Law Room 335, IU Bloomington
This talk will be streamed at the following locations:
- IUPUI: ICTC IT497
- IU Bloomington: Luddy Hall 3006
- Live stream: go.iu.edu/CACR-speakers
In Andrew's role as CISO at Indiana University, he provides executive leadership and expert oversight for high-level strategies, plans, policies, and processes for security of technology and information systems and of institutional and personal information. As a team, IU's security office is responsible for standards administration, technical risk assessment programs, security reviews and consulting, technical security resources, and technical responses to security incidents for all IU campuses throughout the state.
- October 10, 2019: Nik Guggenberger, Clinical Lecturer in Law, Research Scholar in Law, and Executive Director, Information Society Project at Yale Law School. Co-hosted with the Maurer School of Law.
- November 7, 2019: Alan Mislove, Professor and Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs at the Khoury College of Computer Sciences. Co-hosted with the School of Informatics, Computing, and Engineering.
- November 14, 2019: Bryan Sacks, CISO State of Indiana. Co-hosted with the Kelley School of Business.
- January 30, 2020: Bruce Schneier, Fellow and lecturer at Harvard's Kennedy School and public-interest technologist. Co-hosted with the Ostrom Workshop Cybersecurity and Internet Governance Program.
- February 13, 2020: Eva Galperin, Director of Cybersecurity, Electronic Frontier Foundation.
- March 5, 2020: Rachana Ananthakrishnan, Product Manager at the Computation Institute in the University of Chicago. Co-hosted with CEWiT.
- April 2, 2020: Kristen Eichensehr, Assistant Professor at UCLA School of Law. Co-hosted with the Ostrom Workshop Data Management and Information Governance Program.
- April 16, 2020: Von Welch, IU Executive Director for Cybersecurity Innovation and Director, CACR.